Products to Avoid
There are several types of leathers and finishes and no two should be treated and cared for exactly the same. Do not use common household cleaning products on your leather furniture. These may cause severe damage and costly repairs.
- Avoid general purpose leather cleaners or creams which contain bees wax, oil, silicone, and other surfactants which can etch into the leather finish and severely reduce its life expectancy or even cause permanent and irreparable damage.
- Do not use floor or laundry cleaners or polishes.
- Do not use shoe creams or polishes.
- Do not use saddlery products.
- Do not use solvents or cleaning fluids.
- Do not use abrasive powder or paste cleaners.
- Do not use baby wipes on your leather.