"Animals of all classes, old and young, shrink with instinctive fear from any strange object approaching them."
―William Henry Hudson
Look at what happened to one client's leather La-Z-Boy recliner when the window on their woodburner exploded and a large piece of superheated glass landed on the seat. Fortunately no one was sitting in the chair at the time and it did not catch fire, thanks to the natural properties of leather, which is flame-resistant. You can see from the accompanying photo that it did little more than scorch the surface and shrink the leather. The insurance company gave Leatherwise a call and we replaced the damaged panel, colouring the new panel to match the rest of the chair.